About the role:
Join one of Canada's fastest growing medical teams and start a rewarding career!
MD Connected is revolutionizing the virtual health care industry. With a vision to deliver outstanding and timely care to all in Canada, MD Connected has created an extensive network of medical practitioners, telemedicine clinics, and virtual care. We are continuing our expansion throughout the country and are looking for like-minded nurses to join our growing team. In a time of unprecedented healthcare needs, MD Connected has risen to the challenge, providing unparalleled care for patients.
How are we at MD Connected able to achieve this? We are a team of family physicians, specialists, nurses, clinicians, IT specialists, marketing experts, business developers, and administrators who work collaboratively to bring innovative, patient-centered care to all.
MD Connected has built a strong reputation within the healthcare community as evidenced by our several large partnerships with pharmacies, organizations, and community care programs including serving the families of the Canadian military. Our unique approach allows us to provide services beyond traditional walk-in clinics, virtually!
Due to increased demand, we are hiring Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs) to join our growing and amazing team.
We are seeking enthusiastic, compassionate, and problem solving RPN’s who will oversee all telemedicine activities within our clinics.
What sets us apart?
- A talented and driven group of colleagues
- Competitive compensation
- Collaborative work environment
- Continuous learning and education
- Work-life balance
- Flexible hours and statutory holidays off
- To continuously be challenged
- Partners that support our growth across the country
- Exponential opportunity with an organization positioned to grow through investments and strategic partnerships
- A full training program with support from our team of nursing leads, administrators, billing department, and IT
Duties/Responsibilities of the Job:
- Conduct patient intake
- Complete head to toe assessments
- Liaison via videoconference and the Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) with physicians
- Provide health teaching to patients
- Perform basic administrative duties
- Maintain a neat and sanitized working area
- Support pharmacy partners as needed
- Develop care and expertise in the use and care of equipment
- Troubleshoot minor technological problems
- Triage virtual patients
- Follow all company guidelines and best practices
- Ad hoc tasks as requested
- Must be a licensed Registered Practical Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Demonstrated competence within the full scope of practice of a Registered Practical Nurse
- Current membership with the RPNAO
- Current CPR and Police Record Check
- Experience in the delivery of primary care
- Proficiency in the use of computers and information technology is mandatory
- Flexible and able to adapt to a changing environment and fluctuating workload
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience with electronic medical records such as Accuro would be considered an asset
- Experience with OTN and the field of Telemedicine would be considered an asset
- Ability to provide coverage throughout our clinical network within the GTA would be considered an asset
To keep our team safe we have implemented the following practices:
- Daily screening
- PPE available
- Increased cleaning practices
- Patients are screened for COVID before entering an exam room and are offered either in-clinic visits or virtual visits from home.